f

Saturday 13 October 2012

Do I really need this?

This is a question I try and ask myself all the time before buying something, both in real life and in Stardoll (although it failed last night when I bought a six pack of cornetto ice creams!) - and I think it's quite important at this particular time in the StarPlaza due to this massive 50% off sale which is happening for the 200 Million Members celebration.
I used to be like "Ooh, this is only 5SD's, what a bargain!" and after a while I'd be saying to myself "Why did I buy this? I'm never going to use it!" and into the storage it goes! Over the past few months I have definitely been an advocate of less is more when it comes to amount of clothing in the stardoll closet. I've cut down what used to be an expansive wardrobe, to one which is both manageable and which is perfectly capable of making a good variety of outfits. However when a huge sale comes around like this one, my wardrobe always seems to make itself that little bit bigger. So I've decided to write a little guide of what I think the key items to buy in this sale would be =)


Rail, L to R:
Killah, Baham Trousers, 7SD's
PPQ, Indigo Pleated Trousers, 12SD's
Killah, Mc Ginley Jacket, 6SD's
It Girls, Jean Jacket, 42SC's
It Girls, Cozy Home Sweater, 6SD's
Pretty n Love, Black Bloomers, 3SD's
Floor, L to R:
Bizou, Winter Florals Clutch, 4SD's
PPQ, T-Strap Platforms, 4SD's
Miss Sixty, Miss Sixty Emerald Plaforms, 4SD's

For me, all of these pieces are versatile for all seasons, and none of them are too expensive!
For me it's easy to style all of these items, and I've worn each of them at least once in the past month:


Do you guys have some of these items? If so make a styled outfit showing how you'd wear them, and it might get featured here!

Love K xxx

5 comments:

  1. Thanks! I bought them all! :D
    I would love to see more tips like this, showing the itens we should buy and with some outifts tutorials :D

    XOXO, EllieCase

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool - I'll get working on some post ideas then! If you have anything you specifically want to see, send me a Stardoll mail message =)

      Delete
  2. I have also bought a lot of stuff, although none of the ones you have shown here! :) Instead of buying lots of random things I made a whole outfit and bought that, it's a more practical way to shop. Then you're at least sure that you will wear the items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not just a whole load of random items though, they're items which are versatile and can work well in many outfits.

      Delete
    2. I agree when you say: "They're not just a whole load of random items though, they're items which are versatile and can work well in many outfits." !!

      I think it's really important have some itens like those, because we can use them in lots of outfits and they fit well in almost every outfit so it's a better ideia to have some of these than get an whole outfit and then don't use some pieces of that outift.

      XOXO, EllieCase

      Delete