f

Wednesday 28 November 2012

Designer Focus - Holly Fulton

Back when I wrote for several different blogs, I used to write a segment called Designer Focus, and I've decided that I'll bring that back right here on the lookbook! It wont be a regular thing, just when I feel like it, but I hope it will widen your insight into the real life fashion world, and help you discover designers you may not have known about before! 

Holly Fulton
Holly is a designer close to my own heart as she's Scottish like me - what's not to love! So it felt right to choose to feature her for my first Designer Focus post here =)
She studied firstly in Edinburgh then down in London, and after working with the Lanvin accessories team she set up her own line and hasn't looked back since. In 2010 she won the Elle Style Award for new designer, and it seems like her place in fashion was sealed from there.
Her designs have always had a very art-deco feel about them, and she has managed to keep to that throughout all of her collections so far, yet makes each collection individual, unique and fresh.

Fall 2010
Spring 2011
Fall 2011
 
Spring 12 
Fall 2012 
Spring 2013
 
 These are just some of my favourite pieces from her collections.
We have seen several of her pieces gracing the Star Plaza, the most recent being in the Bizou store =)

That's all for now!
Love K xxx

As this is the first post of Designer Focus, I'd like some feedback on what you thought, too long? Too short? Too many pictures? Not enough writing? Or anything else you want to see in these posts(not designer suggestions though!) - just comment!

3 comments:

  1. Wow I love her designs! I don't think the post was too short, if there was too much text nobody would read it. And there's not too many pictures either, I liked that you picked your favourites from each year and not just one or two example outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She`s a great designer! Yeah some of her awsome designs are seen on Stardoll! This post is perfect! Honestly, you`re really good writer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like her designs. Some of the prints remind me a lot of Mary Katrantzou.

    ReplyDelete