f

Thursday 4 July 2013

Chanel Tribute Review

{Sorry for terrible photo quality, we're getting a new computer at home and I don't have photoshop on the laptop here!}
So this morning the Chanel Tribute store made its release! I was excited yesterday when I saw the spoilers as a new Tribute store is what we need, we're also kinda in "Tribute season" on Stardoll, so I was looking forward to it getting started! I'm glad it's Chanel first, as this is kinda a tradition with Stardoll(releasing it as the first in a series) and I think it's good to keep it like that. Before talking about the store and collection itself, I'll talk about the reactions to it, so what people have been saying on blogs and around Stardoll. I'd say around 90% of the comments I read yesterday talk negatively about the collection - people think it's not made well, think it looks cheap and not like Chanel at all. As I've said many times before in reviews, I get annoyed when people make quite nasty judgements like this when they've only seen the spoilers and don't even consider that it might look better in the store. So I always think positively from the spoilers and really only hope for the best. It's also a Chanel Tribute, it's not a Chanel Replica, I don't think we should expect that it looks identical to the real collection. So rant over - on with the review!
There are 2 floors to the store:
I think there is a good presentation, the layout is nice and each of the items are shown off well. I also love the background, I think it's a really good interpretation from the SS13 show which this collection is based off. I like the traditional standing pose, for me it means I can see the clothes clearly and see how they can be worn with other items, but it's good to have the variety from the second floor with some new poses which we haven't seen shown in stores before, such as lying down or leaning against something. 
The collection itself is varied, coming with a whole selection of shoes, and a mix of dresses and skirts along with a few tops, jackets and a pair of trousers. There's also a small selection of bags. The final inclusion (which I love) is jewellery, there are a handful of jewellery pieces which I think are great! Prices are pretty widely ranged from 7 to 40SD's, but tend to be around 20 or 35 for the main pieces of the collection. One piece is currently priced at 999coins and is for level 32 and above, the price is a glitch(not sure about the level though), and hopefully will be fixed soon, other than that everything is available for all members.
So far I've bought 7 items, which totalled at 182SD's - I did have more in my basket, but at over 400SD's I had a rethink!I might buy other pieces later once I decide if I'll wear them and be able to style them.
These are the pieces I ended up choosing(I will buy the glitch dress when it gets it's proper price also) - I think I made good choices out of the collection as I think the dresses will be perfect for summer and the top, skirt and trousers will be easy to style with other items that I already have - so for me these are the most versatile items of the collection, and they're really what I was looking for as they easily slip into my wardrobe and style =)

My disappointment from the collection is in the bags, to me they aren't very well made and don't make me thing of the Chanel SS13 collection, which the other pieces do - I know Stardoll weren't going to replicate the bags, but a bit of a closer similarity might have been good. Although we did have two bags in the Hotbuys collection, and I love those, so I don't feel like I'm missing out bag-wise, if you get what I mean? 
I haven't yet bought any shoes, I'm not a flats girl, which I'm sad about as the pearl flats look cute, and I'm still considering the heels as I'm not sure how I'd style them - over the weekend I'll definitely be thinking hard about the rest of the collection and deciding what else I'll buy!

Overall, I'm pleased with the collection and I look forward to styling my new Chanel clothing! I will probably have a "Wearing Chanel" post up later today or tomorrow!

Love K xxx

5 comments:

  1. wonderful review. i can understand your anger about those negative comments on the collection. if everybody is this dissapointed why are tribute clothes sold for such high prizes at the bazaar? so i fully agree with your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent around 650 stardollars even though I did not really like this collection. Anyhow I am planning on buying the rest of theitems too cuz I am trying to collect Chanel items on Stardoll. :)
    xoxo
    BestDamnFreak

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the collection, I liked how they have a variety of items instead of just one particular theme. I spent over 100 sd's on my items which I am quite happy about. I think the items will be great to style as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with what you said! all I hear is complaints,its nice someone look at it with a positive view. I also got the pearl drop dress too!

    ReplyDelete