f

Tuesday 23 July 2013

Review : BEAUTY Magazine

It's not too often I write magazine reviews(I say this all the time! But it's true - the last one I did was at the start of June), but I feel that every so often it wouldn't be that bad! Today I'll be reviewing the brand new issue of BEAUTY Magazine, which hit our shelves last night!
Above is the cover - which looks amazing! There's minimal text, just enough for you to find out the name of the magazine and the issue number, I don't think it needs any more than that! The graphic is simple yet is an effective cover, it fills the whole space nicely and is rather stylish. I like that clothing from Stardoll was used in a custom way, and I think it really advertises that Stardoll clothing can be good! The background is really quite adorable, I love the raspberry and navy colour scheme, I think it works really well with the mint of the jumpsuit. Overall, I think the cover gives a good introduction to the magazine =)
Now normally I would pick about 5 of my favourite pages to show you, but in this case it's hard to get it down that low - there are 100 pages in this magazine!!! That is an incredible amount, and I don't think any other magazine has reached that! It is especially wowing if you also remember that Mini-BEAUTY was just released in TTT Fashion Weekend, so that was more work for Tolya to do - it just shows his dedication and the sheer effort he puts into his projects! So I will show you a whole bunch of my favourite pages below - feel free to skip over the images to read the rest of my review =)
{Images not in any particular order=D Click to enlarge}
So I'll start with the graphics - these were completed by a whole host of graphic designers(including myself) working on pieces for the issue, but Tolya(J.ordan) made the majority of them - and I think it all looks really good together, including pages where graphics of different designers are together, the different styles seem to work nicely =)
There is a whole lot of content in this magazine, much more than we've seen in any other release - there's 2 different interviews, texts on films, books, music, articles on makeup and hair and much more! This really takes it one step up from being called a fashion magazine, I'd almost put it in its own category of style and culture - I really like this mix, and think it could certainly be a popular way to go with magazines.
The overall presentation of the magazine was pretty much excellent! The layout of everything is great, whether it was showing several graphics on a page, the organisation of text, items from Stardoll - it all comes across really well, and it really draws the reader in, and entices to read on!

I really loved the magazine as a whole, and am so glad that I had a small part. My absolute favourite parts? If I really had to choose, I'd say the Covergirl interview section and the Frida Kahlo graphic segment, but really the whole thing was great!

I hope Tolya continues in this venture of BEAUTY and I can't wait to see more from him! Congrats on the fantastic magazine =D

Love K xxx

2 comments:

  1. wooooow Kirsten! Thank you so much! I was very pleased to work with you! I look forward to further cooperation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review and agree you in every point!

    ReplyDelete