f

Wednesday 5 February 2014

HotBuys Heart Blouse

This is gonna be a traditional Styled Outfit posts (like this one for example or this one) - these are ones I love doing, but as the regular excuse from me these days, but struggle to get to! So today's item is:
It came out earlier this week, and cost the absolutely bargainous price of 6 SD's - I honestly thought it was my eyesight playing up on me (yet again, but that's another long story, everyone agrees that I should wear my glasses, but you know, I know better, obvs! Haha), but anyway, here's how I've styled it:
1. Shimmer Faux Fur Coat, Apres Ski; Skinny Colidge Jeans, Ralph Lauren; Black Rockstud Pumps, Valentino; Hot Buys Voyage Big Bag, Hotbuys 
2. Textured Blood Orange Miniskirt, Tingeling Halloween Couture; Hung Up Blazer, Chanel; LE Logo Black Thin Belt, LE; Black Holiday Sandals, It Girls

Now I'll start by saying these looks are both incredibly different for me, but I'm beginning to find that if you don't give things a shot just once, you'll never know, they might work - isn't that how trends start? I kinda hoped I'd had a pair of maroon heels, but nevertheless, I persevered! (I mixed up persevered and pursued the other day, led to a fairly good image of me pursuing a quiche ... my brain is seriously mushed!)
So for the first outfit I knew I wanted trousers or jeans, stuck to something plain because heart print is pretty statement on it's own, it's not really gonna go with checks or polka dots (well it could, but you know). Also went for something light because the shirt itself is quite dark, even though the hearts and collar are white. Added a jacket, now I didn't initially want black, but something really drew me to this faux fur one, I've never really worn it, and my eyes went straight to it while browsing my closet, for some reason I can kinda see someone wearing it with the blouse in RL! Chose simple Valentino shoes, I think I've been wearing them too much recently though, or at least I think I have, and finished off accessorising with the maroon Hot Buys bag. I bought this bag when it first came out and this is the first time I've worn it! I really to love it, but boy is it hard to style - I really like it with this look though, but I think it could be better =) 
For the second look I really potentially was out of my mind when choosing a skirt - because who pairs orange with maroon? Oh, that's right, me! But I'm weird and I really love this combination - feel free to disagree. Used my Chanel blazer over the shoulder, which I really like, and finished off with basic accessories of a black belt and shoes, both of which I love. I'm glad I managed to use this skirt, because I was starting to regret buying it, but I've managed to style it now, so that has made me happy! 

What do you guys think of the shirt? How have you styled it? 

Love K xxx

P.S. Been listening to the Catching Fire film score all day while studying in my courses dedicated study centre, I know exactly what parts of the movie the songs are at and I can pretty much recite the movie ... it's awful! But when I got to the song from the beach where Katniss and Peeta are sitting together (I won't say anymore in case people haven't seen it/read the book) I thought I was gonna have an aneurysm from being overwhelmed and having a bit of a fangirl reaction. I definitely couldn't, there were two guys from my class on either side of me, they would have thought I was awfully bizarre! 

4 comments:

  1. I love the first look! I hadn't considered anything like your styling of it but it works perfectly. I'm on the fence about the second one. I like how the skirt brings a lot of colour to the outfit but I'm not sure about it with the shirt. Hmmm.
    I also styled it two ways, when it came out yesterday I styled it with a skirt (i.snag.gy/DpyOI.jpg) but today I decided to go for a more edgy look with a leather jacket and jeans (i.snag.gy/em1Nc.jpg)
    Your looks have definitely given me a lot of inspiration for how to style it next.

    (the P.S is another reminder for me to watch CF. I've read the books and seen the first movie but I'm yet to see Catching Fire. I should probably get it when it's out on DVD aha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I styled it and it was super fun! I mostly focused on the white and added rich colors.
    http://i.imgur.com/rWmaD9d.png

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought orange and maroon could look so good together. It's a color combination I had never considered before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both looks but especially the second one is amazing! Who would have thought that these two colors look so good together.

    ReplyDelete