f

Monday 18 May 2015

T R A N S F O R M | At A Glance

I really haven't mentioned the Transform store much on the blog, I think originally that was because it was released when I was also running my beauty blog (the posts were all transferred here when I closed it, so you can find them at the label) and then I was never much of a fan, in fact I've only mentioned a product once in this post, but since then ... nada! So it really is just a glance at this latest 'contouring' release!
The presentation of the items really impresses me, and I love the magazine style these floors have. I also like that there are some items for guys, albeit a limited selection. It's also good that they have the highlights and shade both together and separate and also for 3 different skin tones, although I think there is a wider range of tones on the site that would love to be catered for, so maybe a next step with the store in the future!
Price-wise the items range from 14 to 24SD's, which I'm kind of on the fence about. If you're SS and selling items in your bazaar regularly, this wouldn't be too much to earn, however I think it's a little pricey for the nonSS's who don't have that option, although if you work on a budget, you'll probably find that this doesn't fit into the 'need' category that much and is more of a 'want'. Plus I'm sure you could find a StarDesign contour mask as well which might work out cheaper (or make one yourself, but I'm useless at StarDesign hair so I wouldn't go near that route!).
As of yet, I haven't bought anything from this release - I'm uncertain about the pieces yet and I'm not sure how much more I'd be getting from my doll if I wore one.
And here is SoulGina absolutely working the release in the appropriate coloured contour for her skin (I think she's just wearing a highlight), and then me - I find they just don't work with my skin tone, I've put on the medium colour in both cases, but I think it's clear that the "Classic" won't work for me at all! The "Highlight" I can just about deal with, but lets not mention "Dewy" or "Shadows"! Haha =)

How have you guys been getting on with this release? I haven't seen much said about it so I really would like to hear everyone's opinions on it, whether you like it or not!

2 comments:

  1. They don't fit my skin color or my face, the shadowing I find looks like I didn't shave... so yeah, not to happy about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the Classic ones, but when I put them on my doll, the bottom part is just weird... That thing on the chin mostly. I love the upper part though :)
    - mirdith

    ReplyDelete