f

Monday 8 June 2015

M E L B O U R N E M I N I M A L I S M | Tribute Review

Today we were blessed with a fabulous new tribute store, which will hopefully be the start of a new Tribute season! I'm totally sold on the homepage advert which you can see above, it's right up my alley with all that white and a fab pink background - but onto the review =D
This tribute is so totally me! Like what more could I ask for, it's all white clothing! And a lot of the pieces have versatile ways to be worn, so really everyone will find something that fits for them. The clothes are much better than the shoes and accessories, which is an area I think which the store could have benefited with a little more work in. Although I do particularly love the Pure White Loafers - a pair of flat shoes I could see myself wearing for a few weeks straight, and we all know my opinion and love for heeled shoes!
With the clothing I tried everything on multiple times to see what did and didn't suit my doll, and there were things that just don't work out for me. And when I tried some things on, the pieces just didn't seem right, particularly the quality of some of the dresses and skirts - just not quite up to par with the rest of the store, and for the price I'd probably want a little more. I think more could have come from the trousers, the Pure White Trousers aren't too great when tried on (some dolls do work them well below) but on the other hand the Low Waisted Trousers are great, and not a bad price at 16/18SD's, I can't wait to style them!
Speaking of prices, the collection ranges from 11/12SD's for small accessories right up to 40/44SD for the more key clothing pieces of the collection. These are ok, seeing as most of the clothes are in the 20's range, but if you're on a budget you might need to buy wisely! I wasn't really thinking of prices, but when it came to what to buy, I bought 7 pieces for just under 130SD's which I don't think is all that bad. I look forward to showing some styled outfits later in the week =)
The features - always the best bit I think =D
And the colour POP looks:

4 comments:

  1. I think that as you said, for the prizes of the store the quality could have been better. At least in some items. When I saw the add and the store I was like: oh no! I will get ruined. Then I started trying things on and I discarded lots of things. At the end I only bought the low waisted pants (which I also love, wearing them now :D) and the sleveless neoprene dress, that is so perfect. However I have some items saved on the wishlist in case I decide to buy them later, but I didnt buy yet because I already own similar clothing. :)

    - mirdith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I also have a lot of things in my wishlist to consider later on :)

      Delete
  2. Totally in love with this tribute. I adore simple, black and white clothes. As you said, they are so versatile and you can make a lot of outfits with them.
    I bought immediately the Neon Minimalist Heels and the Mesh Net Braid Skirt.
    Unfortunately the other items don't suit on my doll, but there are 2 or 3 that work well so I put them in my wishlist. I'll buy them later. I prefer to wait the other tributes that will come.

    Anyway, these features are so amazing! These outfits are great! Love them!
    I am impressed by the look of Mia1435: the White Boxy Blazer with purple. So stunning!

    And can't wait to see also your outfits!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like this tribute at all, but outfits you've chosen prove me wrong. I adore Mia1435 and EugenieS. Love this review!

    ReplyDelete