f

Wednesday 8 July 2015

N E L L Y | Release Review

A brand new floor of Nelly was released today, and I think it's been a while since we've had anything new from the store, so it was definitely welcomed! I don't like the 'Real Brand' sort of imaging and homepage ad so much, to me it doesn't highlight the stores best assets. The colours are nice enough, but I'm not sure it's enough to make me go 'Wow I need to go to the store now!' Lets take a look at the release though:
There is a pretty decent sense of variety with the floor all based on a summer theme, although there is a lot of black for a summer release. I think I would have liked a few more brights interspersed here or there, like the Raspberry Polo which gives a great pop in the middle there! For me, the majority of the rest of the clothing is a bit of a disappointment. Nothing seems to work quite right for me, and the styles just aren't current or really there! I did purchase the Slim Biker Jacket too because I think it's a piece that could get a lot of wear, even though I'm not all that much into leather.
For me what stood out hugely in this collection are the bags - of which I bought them all! Call me crazy, but they're amazing and are all of classic style and colour, so even though they are a little expensive for accessories, they are pieces not to miss, so don't mess around with purchasing them =D
Overall the collection ranges from 10 to 22SDs, which is alright I think - the bags cost 12-15SDs which is pretty much middle range. But considering I didn't buy much else, this doesn't bother me particularly much - because who doesn't want the Zipper Bag, which has such a Celine-esque feel to it!!!
My styled outfits - which will be bag heavy! - will come out at the weekend, my week has been hectic with me having to put in 12 hour work days, explaining why it's a bit thin on the post front (come on Guest Writers, you guys probably all get summer holidays, I don't!). Featured post may also come over the weekend - I'm short on time right now, but I'm sure you guys are wearing those pieces and making me regret saying I'm not a fan of the clothing, haha!

4 comments:

  1. What is your opinion on the shoes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing special really. I wasn't drawn to any of them with a wow factor - the bags took all that for me!

      Delete
  2. Hey Kirsten, I think you mean the Antigona bag from Givenchy, not CĂ©line! I'm so in love with it! <3
    - mirdith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a different opinion because it looks like several Celine bags that I've seen. There was no need to be condescending to me!

      Delete