f

Monday 18 July 2016

I N S P I R E D B Y B A L M A I N | Tribute Review

It's been a whole week now since the Balmain Tribute release and now is the first spot for my review, so crazy! The homepage ad looks super chilled in blue, and I think it gives an alright overview of what to expect in the store, models again aren't my favourite, but the one on the far right is selling it to me 100%, I want more her!
So it's a bit of a smaller collection this time with just the two floors, but what lacks in quantity is certainly made up for in quality, like just look at this collection?! So much detail and so many intricacies! The overall feel I get from the store is glitter and glamour, you can see it in the fringing and the glitzy shiny details, and I like that for this release.
I'll start quickly with the accessories, and there's a fairly good range of pieces even though the number of them is small. There are two pairs of shoes, completely different for each other, but I think they're perfect for this collection of clothing. Firstly the Soft Beige Thigh Highs, a perfect complement to all of the black pairs we've had in the past - I love these and am delighted we got them on Stardoll! And then the Balmain Inspired Chiffon Heels which are very different to the boots, they have a cool strap detailing all over the foot and they're pretty high in height! There are two bags on offer as well, and alike the shoes they're both pretty different in that there's light and shiny with the Fringed Beaded Purse (I adore this green colour) and then dark and feathered with the Soft Feathered Clutch which I feel will be a popular choice from this collection. There are also a few jewellery items too, the Faux Bone Earrings and White Stone Chocker, a style which is very in right now. Then lastly the Solid Gold Belt, again something I see being a popular choice^
And next the clothing - these pieces have been designed so well and so much detail has gone into each of them. With the clothing I really feel the style divide between the minimal and the more intricate pieces, so that's how I'm going to split them up to review. I'm a huge minimal fan, as we all probably know well, so these pieces were right up my alley and I was excited to try them on! The minimal piece were very much tops and outerwear pieces, including the male choices - I really like the Navy Blue Overcoat and I think anyone could work it, I'm quite tempted, but might need to see an awesome styling before I make the purchase myself! Also in outerwear of the minimal half, I'd include the Gold Trim Soft Coat because it's mostly a single-tone piece with just the golden collar and belt for details, I kind of wish they were optional, because I'd love the pink on its own! So I'd also include the Belted Frill Top in this category too, although I'd call it a cardigan. I really quite like the lighter, softer tone of this piece despite the darker colour and the harsher silver tone of the belt. And there's also the matching Sheen Stripe Coat and Black Stripe Overcoat - two pieces I think which will be popular purchases. They make easy additions to outfits and I can see the contrasting shades going down pretty well with a whole range of styles. And then the tops - of which there are quite a few in a couple of different shades. Firstly there's black and you can go for either the Draped Laced Bustier or the Lattice Top Body, I'm quite a fan of the latter as the sheer element like that isn't something we've had before and it adds a little detail to looks without being too much. For a little colour (and I do mean a little) there's the grey toned Cut Out Shoulder Body, this is a piece I love and knew I had to have immediately! The cold shoulder style is a popular one and this piece has such a great colour that it's an opportunity not to be passed up^ Lastly in the tops is the Cream Suede Top. I'm still on the fence about this one, I do quite like the colour and texture of it, and the shape is definitely interesting with the wrap style, although I don't like it on my doll - I need some convincing on this one!
Then onto the more intricately detailed clothing pieces, where there is a larger focus on dresses and stand-out pieces. So there are 3 dresses to go for, two maxi and one mini which is an alright range, and there are different colours available too - bright in the blue of the Powder Blue Tassel Dress which is so detailed that it's unbelievable, just look at all that fringing and pearling?! Then there are the two maxi dresses which are both incredibly glamorous and oh so stylish pieces. There's the Balmain Inspired Stripe Gown which has a little of a 20's feel to it I think and combines black, white and gold along with a cold-shoulder style and sheer paneling in the skirt, and then there's the Silver Waterfall Gown which is a Royalty only piece. It has a dipped bustier neckline and a rather over-embellished skirt, it's pretty amazing design skills that one^ For me, none of the dresses really fit into my style, so I won't be purchasing any of the three but I'm sure they're great for many people! There are also two skirts and both pretty different. The Gold Filigree Skirt fits in well with the glittered dresses with it's sparkling design and sheer quality. The second skirt, the Feather Stripe Skirt is a new style for the Plaza and I quite like it as something that's just a little different. It's a pretty perfect match for the Cut Out Shoulder Body as well, so I think it would be good to get some looks based on this pairing of items. Lastly there's the ruffled pieces, some of my favourites of this store, the Black Lace Ruffle Pants and the Soft Pink Ruffle Body - they are greatly complimentary to each other, but personally I'd wear them separately. I love the lacey effect that they each have and I think the ruffles make them stand out amongst a lot of other pieces. The shape of the trousers is also particularly good, I like the high waist and the good leg length, these are a fab piece for this collection!
Prices for this tribute range from 13 to 40SD which is pretty average for a tribute, and really only one or two items were right at the top end of the prices. I didn't find myself wanting to buy a whole lot of items, just a small handful so the spend didn't seem to hurt too badly^
And some styled outfits from me now! Firstly two looks with the Black Lace Ruffle Pants - I really could have come up with several times as many, and they're not even all that versatile in the long run! So I went pretty contrasting, in my first look I loved this white draped top paired with the ruffles and I think it works out for both the pieces, and minimal black accessories kept it fashionable. In my second look I stuck with the laced style and used this D&G top, and the bodice of it actually matches the lace on the trousers very well, I'm super pleased with this as it's quite an edgier look for me =)
And then two more pieces, firstly the Soft Beige Thigh Highs and I was really just feeling a dress for them, this golden detailed one seemed a great choice and keeps the look a little lighter and floatier for the summer - I added those shades to emphasise that^ And secondly the Black Stripe Overcoat which I kept a little darker with grey and black tones. I really like this casual style for it, especially this grey dress, so I'm looking forward to trying a few more of my dresses with it, I think it could become a staple autumn piece for me =D
Lastly three features - I didn't really spot many people wearing this tribute, is it maybe not as popular with the masses as I was suspecting?! Anyway, firstly bornthiswaay, going with the Black Lace Ruffle Pants in an all-black look and continuing with the features of the trousers in the rest of the look, it's a simple yet effective style =)
Secondly, our resident Tribute-styling expert it seems, Mia1435 who has styled both the Soft Beige Thigh Highs and the Cream Suede Top in a look which is complimentary for both of them. I love the brown and green tones and they help the paler tones stand out well, plus can't forget the golden accessories, they work a treat^
Lastly bey22304 choosing the Navy Blue Overcoat in this nautical outfit. I love it paired with these trousers and I think the opposing stripes of the shirt work well. And accessories are casual cool with the trainers and over shoulder bag =D

No comments:

Post a Comment