f

Saturday 30 July 2016

R U N W A Y | Release Review

Our special release this week was a brand new Runway collection yesterday! The advert is pretty good, I love the pinky tones to the logo and I think it suits the outfits chosen for display pretty well. They give a good idea of the range of the store and the models aren't too bad, I think the one in pink is stealing the show though =D
This collection is definitely quite big compared to the previous two releases of Runway. There are two floors with 6 looks on each, however it is all dresses and one-pieces available this time - which I totally don't have anything against!
First off the accessories. There's a pretty good range available in this store with a good selection of shoes along with bags and other pieces included. Firstly the shoes, where there is a variety of colours and styles although quite an emphasis on flat pairs, which I quite like as a change to the usual heel/platform emphasis. The Armani Inspired Resort Flats and Coco Cuba Flats were quite similar to me, despite the first pair having a detailed lattice over the foot and  the second resembling loafers, but they had a very similar vibe and style. I ended up choosing the Coco Cuba Flats as for me they're more wearable, but I'm waiting for an awesome look with the Armani pair then I might change my mind! I also purchased the Alexis Mabille Inspired Resort Sandals. They're fairly basic but are in a classic design in a nice colour which will suit a lot of different looks and styles. There's also a pair of wedges, the Elie Saab Inspired Wedges which have a classic summer straw-type sole and a minimal pokla-dotted strap design. These are a nice pair of shoes, but I wouldn't say they're too special or anything. Also a little different, the Red Valentino Inspired Clogs, I do quite like the clog style of shoes, but not so certain about the versatility of the patterning on this pair, it's intricate but it does look very different up close and further away, so is it really worth splashing out on something with all that detail if it's not going to be made use of? I'll leave that up to you! Lastly in the shoes, the only heels, which are pretty small at that, the Michael Kors Inspired Patent Shoes, which again don't seem all that special to me - if you're going to pay that price for something, I feel like I want a little more. So they're not for me, but they might be for you^ Then there are 3 bags in the collection, all reasonably different in style and design. There are two black bags, the Michael Kors Inspired Clutch and the Armani Style Resort Purse which are pretty basic in terms of style, with the Michael Kors option being most 'out there' in terms of additions - I really like the strap on this one, I think it gives it more wearing options than the holding position of the Armani. Then there's also the Red Valentino Inspired Purse which has both intricate detail and an interesting design feature in the body placement - the shorter strap means it sits pretty high up on the doll. I quite like this design but not sure the pattern is one for me this time, it is very pretty, but I'd rather something more minimal or different if I was going to try out this design style. The rest of the accessories are pretty mixed, there are belts (the Elie Saab Inspired Studded Belt and Gucci Inspired Tiger Belt) along with the Gucci Inspired Runway Gloves - something definitely different and I'm intrigued to see styled in a modern way - and the Coco Cuba Fedora - something quite street and casual compared to the rest of the collection. There's just one piece of jewellery, the De La Renta Resort Bangle. It's quite pretty but I just don't see myself wearing it to justify purchasing it. I think I'm missing a necklace from this collection really, that would make the accessories of the release seem quite complete I think!
And now the clothing! As I mentioned, it's all about the one-pieces with this release. I'll start quickly with the jumpsuit pieces. There are two of these and in pretty different styles giving you a good choice for these. There's the short, sweet and casual Armani Inspired Dotty Romper which has a tie waist and a sheer shoulder portion at the top. I love the spots, I think they're a great addition to many looks and I think this is a great casual piece to purchase from the collection. The short legs also give it a good versatility as use as a top, always a bonus^ Then there's the fitted and formal Tailored Elie Saab Style Jumpsuit. The fit is great on the doll and I love the style of the trouser part particularly well. And then the dresses! There is a pretty even split between long and short pieces and within each length there is a range of sheer items - definitely a style focus from Stardoll in this collection! The long dresses also have quite a focus on prints, particularly of the floral nature with both the De La Renta Inspired Resort Maxi and Marchesa Inspired Floral Gown falling into this category. They are both beautiful pieces, but I'm not a huge wearer of long dresses, so they don't suit my style so much, but I have seen quite a few members choosing the De La Renta number, so it's a popular choice among others! Also in the longer length but focusing on sheer are the Red Valentino Inspired Dress with an awesome bird print and cute cap sleeves - both aspects I love but it's not something I could pull off well I think given that it's completely sheer! - and the Chanel Inspired Sheer Maxi, which is again sheer all over but I think the tone of the dress hides it a little better than the Valentino piece. I also love the shape of this one, it's very wearable and I think seeing a few looks could really make me purchase this one and give this sheer business a go! Sheer is also popular in the two white shorter dresses, the Erdem Inspired Ruffle Mini with added floral detailing in fab shades of blue and purple and the Chanel Inspired Resort Dress with an understated checked print and amazing chiffon billowing sleeves. I bought both of these pieces immediately, because from the spoilers they were both pieces I knew I loved from the start. I also love that they both are quite high necked, a style which I'm enjoying a lot right now. There's another short floral piece available too, the darkest piece of the release, the Fendi Inspired Ruffle Dress which has great ruffle design and some bright flowers against the solid black of the material. I'm not sure it's for me, but again, a great styling from another doll could easily sway me. And lastly metallics were also popular in the shorter dresses - gold with the Alexis Mabille Inspired Silk Dress and silver with the Michael Kors Inspired Sequin Stripe Dress. I love both pieces with their individual styles and designs, and I think they'd both make great looks.
Prices for this release range from 24 to 140SD's with quite a few pieces being maybe a little too expensive for what they are. I would say accessories do seem a little more expensive that they usually would be in a limited collection. The prices of some dresses definitely put me off purchasing a few things which I quite like but am yet to really love for my doll, so that's a little disappointing.
I made a few quick styled outfits for this one too^ Firstly the Erdem Inspired Ruffle Mini, which is a piece which can easily be styled minimally to let the print stand out - and I did just that! All I had to do was choose a pair of shoes, and for me that can be done from the blues and purples in the dress, this pair are perfection^ With a little creativity though, I think this dress can go a long way! Secondly the Chanel Inspired Resort Dress, and I didn't want to stick with too minimal in all of these so I added some outerwear and a matching bag and shoes. I think it does work for this piece, but the awesome sleeves do deserve the limelight too - a minimal look for this one next time^ And lastly I styled both the Coco Cuba Fedora and Alexis Mabille Inspired Resort Sandals in this very beige-all-over look, but I love how this overcoat really works well with the both pieces, and adding any other colours would definitely take away some of the attention. I do really quite love this hair with the hat too =D
And a couple of features! This is pilo7, wearing the Gucci Inspired Tiger Belt in this minimal casual styling, letting the glamour of the belt stand out. I think it looks great with these jeans, and is something a little different to how I would typically want to style it. It suits the laced body and leather jacket pretty well too =)
And Bimbacoco, also choosing the Gucci Inspired Tiger Belt, but going a little further and also using the Coco Cuba Fedora, Tailored Elie Saab Style Jumpsuit and Elie Saab Inspired Cape. The pieces look great together and the golden accents on the shoes and in the bag and earrings look awesome with the belt and really help it stand out against the white base of the clothing. A great styling^
And lastly France25 being quite creative with the Tailored Elie Saab Style Jumpsuit and the Chanel Inspired Resort Dress. I love this combination and think it works out pretty perfectly for both pieces. The top has been made very well and looks oh so stylish with the chiffon sleeves. Love the accessorising, it's an awesome look for this bag and the matching red lip is spot on!

No comments:

Post a Comment