f

Wednesday 6 July 2016

Y O U N G H O L L Y W O O D | Release Review

We got somewhat of a surprise last Friday with a release of Young Hollywood deemed the SS16 collection - an idea I quite like, maybe they should do fewer releases themed on the seasons of events/fashion etc.? Anyways, it was the usual glamorous affair so lets get on in and take a look:
We got lucky and got 3 floors of gowns and glitz with this release, although it was just a total of 15 looks. I really quite liked everything when we got the spoilers, I didn't really expect it to be YH, but nevermind, at least I got my hands on the items I was interested in!
So there was one male outfit included, but it just seems like a bit of a standard suit package to me, this time it's in a rather nice mauve sort of colour - it's just a little on the pricy side for suit items in my opinion.
So onto the focus which is the girls. Quickly starting on accessories, the store is a little sparse on that side of things with no bags or jewellery and just two pairs of shoes, nope, not a typo, there are just two pairs of shoes in this store, which is a bit of a let down I think when you're going to have a collection of over ten dresses. Nevertheless, they are quite nice pairs. I love the colour and standard heel design of the Miranda Baby Blue High Heels and they sure were popular being quick to sell out. Then there are the SS16 Red Carpet Heels in black with a nice strap design across the foot - I do love some good shoe straps and they can really work with an outfit, I just don't see this pair as being one to wear with beautiful gowns like in this collection.
And so the clothing - there are mostly dresses with a few exceptions. So there's the Victoria Red Carpet Jumpsuit which is very fitted giving a svelte look, it seems a little traditional Hollywood glamour to me. This piece seems quite versatile actually and could work really well as trousers paired with shirts or sweaters. Then there's a co-ord crop cami and maxi in the Kirsten Beaded Crop Top and Long Skirt, I mean how could I turn down pieces with my name in them, and my name correctly and not Kristen! So I was delighted to purchase these, but they are great pieces on their own not considering the name. The skirt has a great shape and the beaded detailing is wonderful. The last non-dress is the Miranda set, consisting of the Baby Blue Crop Top, Suit Pants, Over Shoulder Suit, and Baby Blue Belt. This was a very popular set and sold out pretty quickly - I think it's easy to see why! The trousers have a great fit, they're perfect on the doll and the colour really sells them as an alternative to the typical black coloured suit trousers. Over shoulder jackets have always been popular, this one is no exception. And so the dresses - of which there are 11 in a range of colours and designs. There is a reasonable glamorous feel to the dresses with quite a few glittered and shiny pieces in this collection - the Kim Diamond Dress, Bella Sheer Golden Diamond Dress, Kendall Green Diamond Dress, Blake Blush Gown and Naomi Sparkle Dress. They are pretty stunning pieces, but are the really worth the price? In terms of detail, they are all more on the minimal side and the shape and general styling of a few of the pieces leaves a little something to be desired, I'm meaning the Kim and Naomi dresses here, they just don't come out all that well, and so far I haven't seen anyone choosing these pieces. I am however a huge fan of the Kendall Green Diamond Dress, I love both the colour and shape, especially that high neckline, and I think the glitter works well with it. For something more minimal, there are some black and white classics which I love that are included! For the white pieces, there are the Elizabeth White Satin Gown and Jennifer Silver Gown. I was very torn over which to buy, I think they're a little pricey to get both, but luckily they are both still available, so I'm not really in a rush to choose - both have parts that I love so it's hard to pick between, let me know what you guys think between these pieces =D And then lastly the black gowns, the Zoe Slim Black Dress, which is super sleek and slinky, I can just about feel the silk from here, and the Lily Deep V Neck Dress which has a great volume in the skirt but I also love the details on the fabric, it really makes it a more individual piece, plus the top of it is shaped lovely-ly^
Prices for this collection range between 30 and 160SD's with the majority of clothing pieces above the 100SD point. The accessories and individual pieces are priced quite well, but I think some of the gowns are maybe a little two pricey for people to immediately jump to purchase them. I do think I could say that the prices for the sometimes minimal style is maybe what lets the collection down a little.
Now for my looks - I had a good time working with these pieces! I was lucky enough to be able to get the Miranda pieces and I was excited at getting to these pieces. Firstly the Over Shoulder Suit paired with the Baby Blue High Heels and I went all 'classic me' and picked white pieces, but it's a colour which fits so well with the pale blue. I did go a little glitzy with the bag in silver and I think it really stands out nicely against the white and blue. Then I've got the Suit Pants in my second look, which is a little more autumnal styled but I really quite fancied seeing what this tied vest would be like, and I quite like the outcome and think it's a bit of a different style for this sort of stylish pair of trousers.
And next my looks with the glamorous gowns. Firstly the Kendall Green Diamond Dress and I let it stand out with a simple white shirt. I love this diamond clutch to accessorise, and the size is very nice to not overpower the impact of the dress. Secondly the Kirsten Beaded Long Skirt in a very simple style with this grey collared shirt - not sure it's the best way to wear this skirt but I quite like it as something different. And lastly the Lily Deep V Neck Dress which I went a little more causal with. I love the length of this cami, it's perfect for this dress to be worn as a skirt and I love this leather jacket giving it a more edgy style.
And some features next! This is hunnygirl96 who has gone with the Victoria Red Carpet Jumpsuit in a pretty classic style. I really liked seeing it paired with this geometric long vest - it's a good way to style both of the pieces. Accessorising and beauty are simple and really let the piece stand out!
Again something quite minimal, this time glass3 with the Miranda Baby Blue High Heels. They really stand out against the white clothing and also paired with this bag, the blue tones are a great match and the small splatter of yellow adds just enough of another colour =D
Also wearing the Miranda Baby Blue High Heels, but also with the Miranda Over Shoulder Suit, is pilo7, and also in classic white. I love this skirt in this look, as it's not typically something I would go for as it has straps going over the shoulders - it's been totally glammed up with the necklace and glasses too!
And then also in the Miranda Over Shoulder Suit but in a darker style now is katyana-472 and you can see it suits the black clothing too, for me the style is a particularly good match to that of the trousers. Plus there's some blue detailing kept in with the earrings and the bag =)
And lastly in a sleek style is nicki_-_-minaj wearing the Zoe Slim Black Dress. It's one of those pieces which stands out alone for its minimal-ness and beauty, so this look is great for it! The fur in the hand adds a little texture to the overall look and I love the addition of that necklace, it's a surprising but good choice! 

5 comments:

  1. where is the vest you used on the 2nd outfit from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shirt in my middle outfit is from It Girls, the Hollywood Boulevard Shirt costing 8SD's, it's quite close to the end of the store =)

      Delete
    2. no,i meant the vest in the 2nd outfit where you are wearing the miranda insp.blue pants

      Delete
    3. I guess its from fever. You should be quick tho, the store is closing soon.

      Delete
    4. Oh you mean the outerwear piece, yes it's from Fever

      Delete