f

Saturday 27 August 2016

L I M I T E D E D I T I O N | Release Review

Yesterday and a brand new LE collection hit the Plaza for us to scramble over! We had a little warning from Stardoll on Thursday night letting us know there was a SD offer to prepare for the LE which was pretty good to let us know! The homepage ad looks good, it's vibrant in colour with the blue Parisian sky standing out very well and the bright colours of the clothes really catching your eye - let's get on and take a look inside =D
So we got three floors packed with a whole range of goodies on offer! And there's also one look for the male dolls available too, a few of the pieces have sold out but there are still some there to purchase. Overall I don't really feel a running theme through the whole store, but I do get wisps of themes from each floor a little more. The first is focussed on black and metallics, mostly golden tones and this really stands out to me as something very appealing, it makes all the pieces there look good I think. The second floor is mostly about the dresses and shows off a huge range with the yellows being a focal point. Well the last floor is a bit mixed, but I do get a more casual/wearable vibe from the pieces, these are things I can easily see being mixed in easily to other looks and styles and would fit in well with what you already have in your wardrobe =D
Let's get on and start with the accessories! There are a lot of pieces to choose from here with a few different shoes, bags and other inclusions. Shoes - the store has 5 pairs to offer which cover a range of styles and designs which I like about them. They're all heeled in this collection but totally different to each other. The first pair to catch my eye were the LE Aquazzura Inspired Velvet Booties. The burgundy colour is perfectly on trend and very seasonal for coming into the autumn, and the golden insect design is something very different and definitely stands out! Or you could go for a sandal shoe instead where I would classify both the LE Gucci Inspired Crossover Heels and LE Aquazzura Inspired Platforms into. They're lighter pieces with straps across the foots and both showing a good bit of toe (make the most of that nailpolish!), I'm quite fond of the silver pair because that's a metallic I'm definitely lacking in my shoe-collection! And lastly two pointed toe pairs, the tan LE Gucci Inspired Platforms and the rather cool sheeny looking LE Snakeskin Wedges. I'd love the tan pair if they were just less of a platform, it's a style of shoe I don't get a lot of wear out of, so for me purchasing an LE pair isn't worth the money. I really do like the wedge option, however I'm still on the fence about the querying how wearable they are - let me know if you've worn them, I need some convincing! Next the bag choices from the collection, of which there are three and they are all pretty decent pieces. There's the tan LE Loewe Inspired Bag which has a great slouched shape and small style, and I really like the panel design on the front too. Then there are two black pieces, the LE Dionysus Black Leather Bag and LE Mini Fringe Handbag. Both of them have great classic styles although I find myself leaning towards the LE Mini Fringe Handbag as it's something I have less of in my current wardrobe. Both are greatly versatile though and would work with so many pieces, so you definitely wouldn't be at a loss purchasing either! And then there are a range of other accessories too including the LE Prada Inspired CatEye Glasses, LE Black Long Silk Scarf, and even makeup in the LE Graphic Cat Eye Black Makeup, which I think was a pretty nice inclusion actually =)
Now onto the main attraction - all that clothing! I'm going to start with the dresses seeing as I think there's huge appeal there. We have 8 pieces to choose from, 3 minis and 5 midi/long pieces, and everything is either black or yellow-ish toned, which I totally have no problem with, but others might not like the slight lack of choice there. I'll start with the mini's, now so far I haven't bought any of them, but I am incredibly tempted by the LE Victoria Beckham Inspired Ruffle Dress which has a great overall shape with the nipped in waist and the smooth skirt, and I love the unique-ness of the sleeve and neckline ruffles, I think they're quite pretty! There's still a lot of this piece left, so I know I still have time to decide - so far I've not seen anyone wear this one though. Also in the black mini's is the LE Embellished Mini Dress, which is a cute piece and the minimal style is nice, but what is a tad off-putting is the 130SD price tag, I don't think it's worth that and think it would be suited around 90-100SD instead. And lastly the LE Inspired By Saint Laurent Mini Dress which is golden printed on a black base, and it has a nice one-cold-shoulder design which I think works quite nicely, however overall the piece isn't worth 135SD in my opinion, which I think is a big factor in why it hasn't been such a popular piece. And next the 5 midi/long pieces - 3 of which are black and 2 are yellow. Of the bright choices, I'm completely won over by the LE Celine Inspired Dress! I knew as soon as I saw it in the spoilers that I just had to have it! The shape is great and incredibly flattering on the doll, the length is a perfect midi and the design is so sleek and beautiful, and that colour ... it's amazing! I can't gush enough about this piece! And so the 3 black pieces, again like the brights, one stood out immediately, the LE Off Shoulder LBD Dress. It has a great flattering fit and it's true to the doll. I love the off shoulder style in anything, so a dress gets some bonus points for that, and the layered frilling at the bottom skirts of the dress are also pretty cute - this would make an awesome skirt too if you wanted to style it with a shirt or sweater. I like the other black pieces too, the LE Black Chiffon Layred Dress which has pretty cool glittering patterns, and the LE Gingham Check Midi Dress which has a very pretty fit on the doll and a stylish high neckline and long sleeves. Next in clothing there are quite a lot of 'skirt sets' in this release, so a skirt and a top matching together - I quite like this aspect of the release as it gives the option to wear both pieces or just either of them. So there are 4 of these sets and I think there's a good range with them. Short and edgier with the LE Asymetrical Black Top and Pencil Skirt with cutouts filled with sheer panelling, this was a pretty popular choice actually. Something a little glamorous with the LE Max Mara Inspired Mesh Top and Gold Skirt, the top was hugely popular and sold out quickly, but the skirt is still available, for me the length seems a little long, I'd be all for it if it were a midi because the material, design and colour is perfect! If brights are more your thing then you would be looking to the LE Gucci Inspired Blouse and Silk Skirt in their vibrant red colour with modern Gucci printing across both pieces, both are still available, so I don't think they're as popular as I thought they would have been - I love the blouse from this set and I'm really looking forward to working it into different stylings without the skirt, I think it will be a good challenge that I will enjoy! Lastly my favourite set, and I bought both pieces of this one, the LE Proenza Schouler Knit Skirt and Top - perfect in colours, shape and extra details, like those tassels on the hem lines. They just feel like current pieces and I can see them working well through most seasons - and there are still pieces of each available too^ This collection had 4 pairs off trousers included, with one pair being jeans. The LE Vetements Inspired Jeans weren't a piece I had an interest in initially, but actually after seeing a few different looks I really started to get a feel for them with their different shape and the distinctive colouring pattern - sadly they sold out pretty quickly but I'm glad to see the awesome looks they've been featured in! Of the other 3 pairs I've only purchased one, the LE High Waisted Floral Flare Pants and these are right up my street - high-waisted, long legs, a good fit, great pattern and colours ... yep, they tick all the boxes! I'm still on the fence about the LE Rodarte Inspired Pants, the metallic-velvet style is quite cool and I've seen some great looks with them, but something about the shape is making me have doubts. And of course a couple of tops to work with these trousers too - although I think these are the most versatile pieces of the collection so styling them away from an all-LE look should be easy =) There's a good mix of colours and styles of tops in the store. And these have been pretty popular, both the LE Brocade Peplum Blouse with a baroque-esque pattern and a modern feel with cutouts and the LE Crossover Ruffle Sleeved Top in pale pink sold out pretty speedily however in my quest for features I didn't find any stylings of either, so I look forward to seeing some! I did really like the other tops too actually, all 3 of them - the LE Gingham Check Victorian Blouse, LE Silk And Macarame Blouse and LE Sass And Bide Inspired Top. There's huge versatility in the pieces and like I said, they're easy to work into totally different styles. These 3 pieces are mostly based on black with other coloured additions so I think they're a good starting point for a look. And they're quite different to what we've had in LE collections before, I'm really happy with these pieces! 
Prices for this collection range from 22 to 158SD's, but actually there aren't a huge number of items over 100SD's so I think that is pretty good. As usual, this is a SS (and above) only collection, which was expected. Yeah I think the pieces are, on the most part, worth the money - I'm certainly happy with the prices paid for the pieces =)
I've made a few styled looks with just a couple of the pieces I got from the store - the rest of my looks will be getting published over at What I Wore On Stardoll across the weekend and next week so be sure to look out for those! So firstly the LE Proenza Schouler Knit Skirt in a reasonably casual look with this tee but I feel like the style is amped up with these silver-capped heels and the LE Prada Inspired CatEye Glasses. I think the leather jacket is a good fit for all of the pieces in this style! Then the ever so dreamy LE Celine Inspired Dress and I've stuck very minimal for this because that dress deserves it^ I went with golden and pale tones in the shoes and bag, and I think they work well to compliment the yellow tones and the beautiful shape. Lastly the LE Proenza Shouler Knit Top, and I really tried to go for something different with this look. I like the white base skirt and polo letting the grey and black of the sweater stand out, as does the oversized jacket, then accessorised with just these perspex heels, they work in so many situations and this one is no exception.
There are so many awesome looks from members styling this collection, and so there are a lot of features! Everyone has been so creative and it's great seeing the same pieces styled in numerous different ways - enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment