f

Thursday 24 November 2016

I T G I R L S | Release Review

And the final release that happened while I was away, which was like 2 weeks ago, but nevermind - It Girls! I do love a good It Girls release, there are always some great pieces to be had! The homepage ad is minimal but I think it's effective in showing off a few of the pieces but the background colour definitely gives a little idea of some of the colours available =D
Highlights This release has the usual one floor of items. I don't see a clear theme, other than being stylish pieces, but there are quite a few metallic based items in the store which I think stand out very nicely. Doesn't so much fit the winter season with all the pieces, but overall I really like this one =)
Accessories There is a small selection of accessories with focus on bags and shoes, but also includes the Blush Contrast Fedora which I think is a nice addition amongst the others. I really like both pairs of shoes on offer, the Miu Miu Inspired Silver Sneakers offer a great casual feel to the collection as a whole, I think they'll be great come spring but I do love their metallic colouring! And also the Leather Sock Ankle Boots, which I think are just kinda perfect^ They're very on trend with their style and cool pointed toe, and I think they're just what we've been needing on the boot front of things in the plaza, hopefully they will make a lot of people happy! Then there are 3 bags, 2 blush coloured, the Aerin Velvet Clutch and Blush Round Handbag and rounded off with the stand-out blue JW Inspired Bag. It's hard to pick a favourite from these, but I look forward to giving them all a go for my challenge eventually!
Clothing The clothing is definitely the huge focus with this release, and I'm pretty impressed overall with it! I'm gonna start with the metallics because they really do draw your attention immediately upon seeing the store. There's a range of items, but skirts definitely hold the majority - there's the Velvet Marilyn Dress in a pretty muted green-y tone, then the bright and light Pleated Rose Midi Skirt followed by the Rose Gold Mini Skirt which is a beautiful bronze colour with a matching top, the Rose Gold Metallic Top. I really like the range of colours in these pieces as they really do give you a lot of options for styles. Then there's also a little in the way of prints, obviously the Velvet Paisley Jacket and Pants which I really like for the colour and the velvet material - I've seen a lot of both of these pieces around suites, so they definitely seem popular! The rest of the clothing is a bit of a mix between tophalves and bottomhalves. With the tophalves there are mostly long sleeved pieces, which I like for this season as I've been enjoying longer sleeves for a while now. I bought quite a few pieces, my favourites include the Fuzzy Contrast Edge Sweater and Trumpet Sleeve Turtleneck, the first is great at standing out in a crowd with the bright colour but it seems a little more spring/summer than winter, and the second is minimal but definitely a piece not to be forgotten! Pieces which also stand out definitely include the Frills and Stripes Shirt and Ruffled Denim Shirt. Both of these have really great shapes which make them individual pieces and looks with them really have caught my eye so far. For the bottomhalves there seems to be a focus on denim, which is a bit different for the overall store release, but I quite like the offerings we have! There's the Vintage Stone Washed Denims in a classic high waist cropped leg style with a good colouring, and then the slightly more interesting Two Tone Kick Flare Jeans, which are also slightly high waisted and cropped but the colouring is pretty cool with a brighter blue on the top half and a deeper tone from the knee down, with an interesting shape from there too - I like this slightly different style and I think it definitely makes them an attractive item to purchase for their difference.
Prices The store ranges from 17 to 27SD's with a few SC items on offer too. I do think this is a little on the expensive side compared to previous It Girls releases, however in considering the release and what's on offer I don't think it's something I'd complain about or let me get put off purchasing items over because this release is definitely one of the better ones we've seen recently.
Styled Outfits I bought so many pieces from this store that my looks could have had a whole post to themselves, but I was hard on myself and made myself just go for 3 looks (plus I've already posted another at What I Wore On Stardoll)! So firstly I squeezed 3 pieces into this look, the Trumpet Sleeve Turtleneck, Vintage Stone Washed Denims and Leather Sock Ankle Boots. I just loved how these three pieces fitted together, and even though the jeans are much more casual, I liked them in there anyway. I glammed it up a little with this fur coat and a neck tie, but loved the green tone with the navy. In the middle I again wore the Leather Sock Ankle Boots but this time went with the other jeans, the Two Tone Kick Flare Jeans ... the look seems very un-me, but I quite like it! Went with a navy polo to balance the blue against the oversize black jacket but it pairs well with the boots and the bag I picked, I'm surprisingly happy with this odd choice^ And lastly, couldn't resist this pairing, the Velvet Paisley Pants and Jacket! Went with the usual black polo and totally amped up the velvet and the beautiful red colour with a matching clutch and platforms ... I don't think it needs any more description! 
Features Next up are the features! I've seen a lot of looks with these pieces so it was tricky to narrow it down. Firstly HannahCool1232 with the Pleated Rose Midi Skirt in this sweet feminine style which is very pretty. The top is a good choice keeping the look light but also seasonal for warmth and I also like the addition of the fur for that reason. The pointed heels are perfect for the skirt and I love the rose accessories of the glasses and the Dior, perfectly glam!
Next up two stylings from Heneda, both are amazing and I had to give a place to each of them! Firstly styling the Fuzzy Contrast Edge Sweater in this great blue look. Yellow and blue are a great combination and this look fits right on in, the skirt is a fab pairing, and I like the use of the polo and the shirt tails too. Accessories are spot on with the furry keychain and the earrings. I like the black heels with the look, they fit with the colouring on the skirt and they give a classic hint to the outfit.
And secondly styling the Rose Gold Metallic Top in this very glamorous style. I love it layered over the all white base, I think it's a very effective way to wear the piece for the current season. The top has been matched to the shoes while the other silver accessories exude the overall glitzy feel to the style =D
And lastly bey22304 wearing the Frills And Stripes Shirt in a very smart, yet stylish, way. I love the pairing of the blue with the black trousers, plus their shape with the high waist and crop leg suits the shirt well. Accessories are spot on with this chunky buckle belt and matching black handbag. My favourite part of the ankle boots and socks, totally on trend and working it for this look! 

1 comment: