f

Thursday 17 November 2016

L I M I T E D E D I T I O N | Release Review

Last weekend brought us the latest Limited Edition release to the Plaza - on a Saturday no less! (Fret not though, Stardoll have released LE on Saturdays previously). I was still on my way back from my time away so I didn't have the agonising wait that some of you did, although it did mean some things were sold out when I got a look on Sunday. Anyways, enough rambling - I like the minimal homepage advert, I think the black and white effect definitely catch your eye there!
Highlights The store came with 3 floors packed with pieces. I can't identify a clear theme but there are a huge range of items and styles to choose from so it's clear there will be something for everything. One thing there aren't any of are male clothing items, although in recent LE collections they haven't been hugely impressive additions.
Accessories There is quite a range of pieces in the accessory category of the store release, including the usual  shoes, bags an jewellery but also including a few makeup items for both the lips, in the LE Dark Plumpy Lips which look a little like Candice's from this years GBBO, and for the eyes in the Chanel Inspired Red Eye Makeup Left and Right the colour of which is a great rich red which looks very nice on the doll. There are 6 pairs of shoes, mostly in booted heel styles which are great for the current season. I really quite like both the LE Super High Velvet Boots and the LE Burberry Inspired Lace Up Boots and think they could work really well in a lot of boots right now with current trends. There are just 4 bags with the collection, but they offer a good range between them with prints, metallics and denim in the LE Gucci Inspired Lion Bag, LE Falabella Gold Bag and the LE Stella McCartney Denim Bag, and although I really like all of them, I'm not so sure on the wearability of the pieces for me and my style, no doubt many of you guys will be different! The earring choice is super impressive with this release with a lot of choice in terms of separates. My personal choice is for a pair though, the Celine Inspired Hoop Earrings, very current in trend and very easy to style into a lot of looks.
Clothing With the huge range of styles available, there is therefore a lot of clothing in this store to cover! The seemingly best way to split it is by floor where there is some sort of colour divide, the first being paler with army-green and browns being offered, the second with a majority of black darker and sleeker pieces and the final being a little more decorated than the others.
First Floor These pieces were super popular in the release and I was just a little late to get them! The style is quite street, but at the same time the pieces are easily versatile to work into different styles, like the LE Oversized Open Crisp Shirt, LE Faux Crocco Skirt, LE Balenciaga Inspired Sherling Jacket and the LE Vetements Inspired Patch Denim. Although on the store the pieces are dressed up very smartly I can see them working very well much more casually.
Second Floor Very sleek with all the black clothing and the texture of the materials on this floor and I really think that will make it stand out in the pack. I very much like the LE Rodarte Inspired Bolero Top and Lace Skirt with a feminine touch through the flowing style materials. The LE Elegant Over The Shoulders Jacket was a very popular piece and sold out very quickly from the store - it's easy to see why though! These styles of jackets are easy to wear and are very popular in a range of outfits, so a classic black style one is sure to be a hit, no matter of the price^ There are quite a few other smart pieces here, like the LE Alexander McQueen Inspired Peplum Coat and the LE Balmain Inspired Cutout Top, I'm excited to see how people work these into their own styles and wardrobes!
Third Floor And the last floor, much more decorated and dress-orientated with the pieces. I'm a real fan of the midi and maxi pieces and definitely found it tough to choose between the LE Dolce Inspired Blush Dress, LE Burberry Layered Cocktail Dress, LE Chloe Inspired Cable Knit Dress, LE MiuMiu Inspired Brocade Skirt and LE Dior Inspired Skirt. And there's a really good selection of outerwear pieces to choose from - the LE D&G Inspired Faux Stole, LE Etro Inspired Faux Sherling Coat, LE Valentino Inspired Field Jacket, and lastly my favourite, the LE Velvet MiuMiu Inspired Jacket which I wish I'd been able to get! I love the furry sleeves and the great magenta colouring to the piece. I really think I could have worked this one out well =D
Prices This collection ranges from 16 to 149SD's, which is pretty much about right for an LE release I'd say, and on par with previous ones. The accessory pieces are reasonably well priced I'd say, especially the makeup choices.
Styled Outfits I went for 3 looks with most of the pieces I chose to get from the store. Firstly the LE Chloe Inspired Scarf, and I stuck with similar-ish tones and went with this paired top and trousers from Marc Jacobs, and I really liked the black jacket to give a little contrast to the green but not a huge amount. The middle look uses the LE Chloe Inspired Cable Knit Dress which I kept neutral with these pale boots and only added a little gold in the necklace. I could have done more in the way of accessorising, but for a first look with this piece, I was happy to leave it as is. And the final look uses the LE Burberry Layered Cocktail Dress, I had a lot of ideas for this one, but I really liked it combined with this jacket because it really lets the clothing beneath shine through and that's what this dress deserves!
Features This has been a super popular collection and it was easy to find some awesome looks featuring the pieces! First up is mecooooooooo styling the LE Alexander McQueen Inspired Chiffon Blouse and LE D&G Inspired Faux Stole in this sweet stylish outfit. The two pieces fit together nicely and the tones are only enhanced with further blush pink pieces^
Next, also embracing pink this time including the hair, is maniakpupili, also wearing the LE D&G Inspired Faux Stole with the LE Elegant Over The Shoulders Jacket but adding in jewellery with the LE Lavish Choker and LE Oversized Ivy Earring Right and Left, super glam additions for a kind of casual styling, I think the grey tee works a treat in letting the other pieces really stand out in the look!
Veering away from pink with the styling from mreninhalinda who has picked the LE Valentino Inspired Field Jacket in this super street styling. I love it paired with the leather-look leggings and meshed top, and choosing a minimal base really lets the metallic vibe of the jacket stand out in the look =)
And lastly Mery.- choosing the LE Balenciaga Inspired Sherling Jacket and LE Alexander Vauthier Inspired Sweater. I love this combination of colours and tones, the pieces are a perfect fit and they've been styled well overall. I really like the purple bag and the use of the beige boots, definitely style points from me on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment