f

Friday 18 November 2016

V O I L E | Release Review

It was rather a while ago, but this is the first chance I've had to write about this latest VOILE release! Voile is a pretty decent and consistent store so I was excited to see this as a new release and even more excited by the advert - doesn't it just look kinda amazing?!?! I like everything about it, the model, the pieces, the colours, it gives such a good first impression =D
Highlights So this release had the usual two floors for VOILE and they are packed with glamorous eveningwear to choose from. Although the main focus is for the female dolls, there are a couple of male choices so you guys can spruce up your wardrobes for the winter party season too^ I really do feel the 'party season' vibe from this release, it's definitely there in both floors despite the different themes =)
Accessories There are a pretty good offering of accessories with this store, and quite an emphasis on jewellery I'd say. There are 4 pairs of heels to choose from, mostly sandal style pieces but also the chunkier Elie Saab Inspired Tassel Platforms. I love the bright blue colour of the Silk Bow Sandals, and I'm such a sucker for metallics, especially gold like the Opulent Knot Detail Heels which I loved styling below! Just one bag, the Voile Box Clutch, but I'm not too taken by it really. Now the jewellery - 2 necklaces, 2 pairs of earrings, a bracelet and a very glitzy brooch to pick from, I'm really impressed by the selection. I immediately went for the earrings myself, I love both the Tiffanys Inspired Diamond Earrings and the Peacock Blue Earrings, I think they suit the doll well and are easy enough pieces to work into outfits and really stand out on their accord. The High Collar Necklace is also a pretty standout jewellery piece and I think will be pretty popular from the store.
Clothing As expected, this store is allll about those dresses - and boy is there a great choice! So the first floor focuses on blacks and darker pieces to choose from while the second has a blue focus, which is something I quite like, it's different but super effective I think! Of the darker pieces, my eyes first go to the Pinstripe Lace Bralett Top and Pants, probably because they're not a dress, but I love the pink tone of the stripes as it makes them stand out from similar pieces we've had in the past. The shape of the two pieces is also good and they fit nicely. It's hard to choose favourites from the other pieces on the floor, everything is so unique in its own way, but I do really like the golden glitter of the Gold Glitter Mermaid Dress and the art deco printing of the Gold Velvet Art Gown even if it seems a little unwearable! The Belted Feather Coat is also sure to be a fit, I think it's a piece I'll save until we're deep into the winter and want some cool feathered embellishment to keep us bright eyed^ And more choices on the second floor of the release! The Black Velvet Body and matching Swallow Gala Skirt are immediate eye catchers and draw all the attention I think, plus being separates does make them that bit more appealing as you can work them however you want, for me I think the Black Velvet Body could be a surprise winner from the store. The same goes for the Gold Lame Pleated Body and Skirt, I totally wouldn't complain if this was a one-piece gown, but it's a good bonus that you can work with the pieces individually, the gold totally has me! The minimal pieces on this floor are good too, the Slinky Silk Gown in a beautiful cobalt blue, and the Jersey Mermaid Dress with tied waist and a cool sheer panel, and both are pretty versatile if that's what you're wanting! I'd maybe like some outerwear next time in VOILE, but these pieces will certainly tide me over until then =)
Prices This release ranged from 9 to 35SD's with everything pretty much appropriately priced for what it is. There are a couple of pieces which are SS/Royalty only and there are also a few items in SC's. Not really anything to complain about I think.
Styled Outfits I focused on my favourite accessory pieces for my looks in this post, firstly choosing the Tiffanys Inspired Diamond Earrings with a smokey style dark eye and this pretty light detailed dress, and secondly the Opulent Knot Detail heels and I kinda love this look! I tried out a different style for myself and really like how this turned out. The nude dress is a good base but I definitely enjoyed adding different spruces to make the look a little different, the butterflies and the glittered bag, a piece I'm really happy to wear again after styling it for the first time in the Bag It Up Challenge!

1 comment: