f

Saturday 24 December 2016

I N S P I R E D B Y B A L M A I N | Tribute Review

Happy Christmas Eve! Last week was our second Tribute instalment for this season, and it was Balmain - a store we have had previously in the Plaza. I definitely picked up some great items before and so I'm looking forward to doing so again with this release! The homepage advert is pretty sleek and stylish, and the green definitely has an eye catching quality =)
Highlights The release has the usual two floors, and alike the Tribute last week, it is quite a small collection. The green rainforest style background is quite attractive I think and really draws attention to the store overall, it's a good selling point I think. There are also two male outfits included, which is great and a lot more than they've been getting recently!
Accessories The collection is quite minimal on the accessory front this time, with just two pairs of shoes, two necklaces and a belt - which is definitely a little disappointing I think, especially as none of the pieces really stand out or have a wow-factor about them. The shoes are both wedge styles, the dusty pink Balmain Inspired Suede Wedges which I like for their colour, then the modern styled Balmain Inspired Plexi Wedges with their clear plastic sole. They're alright pairs of shoes, but neither really leap out to me from the store. I did buy both of the necklaces, they seem like decent versatile pieces to wear and they're both in gold, which we all know is one of my favourite colours so these pieces are perfect! There's the chunkier Balmain Inspired Gold Necklace which is definitely more rock-chick, while the Balmain Inspired Choker with its amazing blue dyed gem is more delicate and dressy, I think this is the piece that will surprise me the most!
Clothing There are a lot of brights featured in this collection, and quite a few patterns too - honestly most of the pieces really aren't me at all, so I found it hard to get excited about this release as there wasn't much for me to buy, I'm sure a lot of you feel differently though =) Lots of orange on the first floor, and I like that it comes in both plain with the Balmain Inspired Orange Skirt and then also print with the Balmain Inspired High Waisted Pants which I think looks nice although not too versatile. Also on the first floor in the same sort of colour range is the Balmain Inspired Beaded Shift Dress, which I like the patterning of, but not so much the sheer quality of the piece. The second floor has a much darker feel to the colour theme with quite a few jewel tones which I really like about it. Love the jade coloured Balmain Ruffled Mini Skirt, the raspberry Balmain Inspired Slit Pants, which also has a matching top with the Balmain Inspired Singoalla Top, and then there's also the navy glittered Balmain Inspired Gown which is definitely showcased nicely on that floor of the store. There are a few tops to pair with all those bottomhalves I mentioned, and they're all pretty unique to each other - the emerald printed Balmain Inspired Snake Bolero, then the very distinctive Balmain Inspired Cut Out Body and lastly the most minimal of the pieces, the Balmain Inspired Corset Blouse. One piece here that did catch my eye was the Balmain Turquoise Beaded Jacket, one of the menswear pieces. The overshoulder style is still super popular for both guys and girls and this is quite a unique style and definitely worth consideration because I think it's definitely got the potential for versatility and trendiness^ I do feel the pieces are to quite a particular taste that definitely won't be for everyone, but I think if you think creatively about the items then there definitely could be some good choices in the mix for you =)
Prices This release ranged between 13 and 35SD's with just a couple of pieces marked as SS only, so overall I'd say that's pretty good for a Tribute release, even though I don't find myself making a lot of purchases, those prices wouldn't put me off buying anything I liked.
Styled Outfits So I haven't made a lot of purchases from the store yet, just a few of the smaller items which I've styled into these three looks. Firstly the Balmain Inspired Singoalla Top and Balmain Inspired Gold Necklace. I love the raspberry colour paired with these trousers, I know I've worn them a lot recently, but they're such a great fit with this top! Liked including these black and gold heels to match with the necklace, think I'm just missing a jacket or bag really^ Secondly the Balmain Inspired Suede Wedges in this all pink styling, which I love! This jumpsuit was a fab christmas present from Lauri (AudreyHepburn.) and I knew immediately I had to wear it with these wedges, it's an easy combination that I love already! The rest of the pink works well and I think overall this is a great styling for the shoes! And lastly I've styled the Balmain Inspired Choker, and I've stuck with the minimal aspect of it in my look, but putting a little retro twist with the loose boots paired with the drop-waist frilled skirt. Also loved adding the fur ontop. The bag had to be blue and this little clutch I got for free years ago is a perfect fit in the blue colour. It's really hard to choose a favourite of the three stylings when I really like different aspects of each one!
Features Saw some super cool bright stylings with this collection using a range of the pieces. First is Mia1435 with the Balmain Inspired High Waisted Pants. I love the red colour of them paired with the pink of the fur stole, a fab standout combination which works well with the base colour of black in the top and bag. Dark makeup look is super fitting too^
And then from ManiakPupili wearing the Balmain Turquoise Beaded Jacket in this classic fitting style. It fits perfectly with this warm polo knit and the white trousers give a bright light feel to the overall styling. The blue accessories are spot on, both the bag and the awesome modern-designed sunglasses are perfect matches for the embellishments on the jacket =)
And lastly millaxx going with the Balmain Inspired Orange Skirt in this sweet party-ready look =) Including the orange behind to make it a full skirt is great and to me, really completes the piece. The contrast with the black velvet is effective in helping the look stand out. Also love the golden drop earrings, perfect with the hair and beauty and clothing choices =D

No comments:

Post a Comment