f

Friday 16 December 2016

I N S P I R E D B Y G U C C I | Tribute Review

We got the first, of hopefully a few, Tribute store of the winter season this week - Inspired By Gucci! I was starting to think we wouldn't have Tributes this year, but seeing Gucci excited me as it's had some great items previously. Love the homepage ad with the red vibes from the lighting and the clothing, definitely think it gives a good start for this release =D
Highlights This store has two floors of items with 9 looks, including one for the guys. There is a huge focus on bright eyecatching colours and everything really competes for your attention with this store, which isn't necessarily a bad thing!
Accessories There is definitely quite a compact collection of accessories with this release, but within that I think there is good variety in the pieces, especially those shoe choices! There are 3 completely different pairs with individual designs, styles and colours - I really quite like each of them, but my eyes immediately go to the Gucci Inspired Faux Fur Loafers which I think will be a huge hit from this release. I also love the Gucci Inspired Blue Heels, they have a very sweet retro style with the shape and decor on the main body of the shoe but I also like the chunky heel and the ankle straps, something a little different and that we haven't had in the Plaza for a while. There are two bags in the release, the more classic Gucci Inspired Cream Handbag and then the modern Gucci Inspired Real Bag. Neither are hugely my style, and I haven't actually seen anyone wear either of the pieces, but I think an awesome styling could definitely convince me with these pieces! Then there's a selection of other accessories, some jewellery with the Gucci Inspired Oversized Blush Earring then also the Gucci Inspired Crystal Sunglasses, which are pretty much identical to a HB pair we had in August, and finally the Gucci Inspired Turban which is in an amazing shade of pink, and I'm so tempted by^
Clothing The clothing is obviously the main focus here with a huge flash of colours all over the floors so it's hard to know where to begin! There are just a couple of 'complete' pieces, i.e coats/dresses, in the release, and it's hard to know which one rules the roost. The Gucci Inspired Zebra Faux Fur Coat is so bright and orange, and on the first floor, so definitely draws attention first. I love the zebras on it, and I like the overall style plus fit on the doll, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to buy it just because it's not going to be a hugely versatile piece that works in a lot of different ways, and I'm sure many of you feel the same about it. Then on the second floor there are the Gucci Inspired Blush Gown and Gucci Inspired Glitter Frills Coat which are on the pink side of things. Again, not hugely wearable, but I think they both look fab on the doll! The glitter and fringing is perfect for the holiday party season and I think a lot of people will go in that direction, but I do also love the style features of the sheer sleeves, their shape, and the bodice detailing that come with the Gown - I just can't see my doll wearing it on a regular basis to make it worth it sadly! There's a couple of sets which are just made to be worn together, the Gucci Inspired Oversized Cardigan and Cream Mini are just quite adorable, and then the brighter vintage styled Gucci Inspired Peacock Body and Peacock Skirt, also in an orange but it's more muted with the printing design, which I think looks so individual and actually quite stylish^ Lastly there are a few separates, which I'd say are the most versatile of the collection and easiest to wear with the pieces you already have in your wardrobe. On the skirts front there are both dressed up and casual styles respectively with the Gucci Inspired Midi Metallic Skirt and Gucci Inspired Denim Skirt. I like both pieces and the differences they provide for my doll, but I've held off on the Denim so far because I worry about how wearable the printing on it is, it's beautiful, I can't deny that, but in terms of fitting a lot of different looks I'm not sure - so convince me on this one guys! And then the tops, again with dressed up styles in the Gucci Inspired Highneck Blouse and Gucci Inspired Star Top, and a casual choice as well with the Gucci Inspired Diamond Knit. I was totally had from the get go with the emerald colouring of the Blouse, I just think it's a perfect piece for my doll^ I like the overall shape and fit of the Knit, but I'm not such a fan of the cartoon design on the front, so I'm a little hesitant to make this purchase, again though, a great styling from someone could totally sell it for me =D
Prices This Tribute release ranges from 12 to 40SD's, with only one or two pieces above the 30SD mark. There are also a couple of SS/Royalty only pieces, but I think we can expect that from a Tribute release. This range also fits in perfectly with the Tribute releases in the summer.
Features Some awesome features here for you guys tonight! Firstly aby400 wearing the Gucci Inspired Zebra Faux Fur Coat. The look is minimal, but that's what this standout coat needs really, and I love the navy blue of the boots with the orange, just perfect^ Classy with the rest of the accessories, especially the bag from a previous Gucci release =)
And style-squeen Mia1435 going with the Gucci Inspired Denim Skirt. The look is very fitting for spring with the use of light blues, but lets the red colours catch your eye really well - that red lip is a spot on choice for the clothing =D
Brighter and lighter with this look from Miver, styling a smaller piece, the Gucci Inspired Oversized Blush Earring. This outfit stood out to me and I totally just click with the style with the use of the pink wide floating trousers and they suit the more subtle Gucci piece - great way to wear the Tribute without needing to go all out on colour^
Last but not least lacky_girl.., choosing to go bright on the accessory front including the Gucci Inspired Blue Heels in this all black look. It really works and the heels give a great focus and base colour for the popart printed bag and the knotted headscarf. The shoe style suits the clothing choices well too, the straps are perfect =)

No comments:

Post a Comment