f

Saturday 29 April 2017

C A L L I E S P I C K S | Styled By You / / Styled By Me

This latest Callie's Picks release was pretty heavy on the Tribute side of things, but did also contain a few other items, including some good pieces to get your hands on! I do quite like the French theme of the collection, but I don't think everything fits in exactly with that theme. Not a huge amount for me to review really, so a focus on styling instead! First up is a feature, Burberryy wearing the Riding Black Pants. They are a pretty classic piece and easy to style, the only thing I wasn't sure about for me, was the strapping at the foot. But I think this styling really pulls it off! It stands out really nicely with the red boots and I love the red accents in the styling and the other black pieces chosen fit nicely with the trousers - I love the oversized tophalf style combined with a skinny leg on the bottom =)
I bought two pieces from the collection and I'm quite excited to work with them more in the future. First up the Denim Collared Dress, which I think is quite an adorable piece, although one which was a little trickier to style that I anticipated. It does actually also look pretty good as a skirt with a shirt or sweater, but I liked it with a long sleeved top underneath. I also went a little more winter-ish style choosing black to compliment the navy - a combination I like =) I think my next look will be all about this dress with trainers! And then secondly, a piece which caught my eye immediately, the Ivory Striped Top. I'm a huge huge stripe fan, so I was planning on getting this no matter the cost! Not such a fan of the text, but I think it will grow on me, and I even focused on it a little in my styling. I love the off-white colour, it makes it easy for the top to fit with these cream pieces that I've picked^ Excited to try more options with them, but right now I love this bag with them, I'm also glad to get a wear out of it =D