f

Sunday 3 September 2017

O R I G I N A L F U T U R E | Release Review

Still catching up with released but getting there - here's our next one, Original Future! There's always at least a few easy to style pieces in the sporty style of the store so I'm sure the same can be said for this release. The homepage advert seems fitting, but also doesn't really stand out much, so may make this release an easily forgettable one.
Highlights The release size is the usual for a normal Plaza store with one floor of clothes and accessories in the usual casual-sport-cool style that Original Future has! At first glance I see a mix of colours, styles and items so I think it should be alright in finding something that works for you and your own style =)
Accessories A small but quite decent range of accessories in this release. There is one bag, the Cotton Mini Backpack, which isn't all that mini, but I love the muted red colour. I just wish it had a shoulder strap or something to wear it more like a backpack. Then there's a hat, the Fisher Cap, which I could take or leave really. And then two pairs of shoes, or trainers I should say more specifically - the Black And White Skate Platforms which are like platformed Vans really, then the more sporty Minty Fresh Kicks which are a very popular style on Stardoll and I think will go down really well! I love the fresh colour and I think it will look great with many colour combinations =)
Clothing So the clothes have a sporty feel to them, as you would expect from this store, although there is definitely a fashionable aspect to them. There is also a mix of minimal pieces and more designed pieces. In terms of minimal are a pair of shorts, the 70s Mini Shorts and then 3 crop tops all in the same style but a range of colours, Fuzzy High Neck Top Orange, Pink and White which gives you a good range to work with for styling with it I think. While discussing crop tops lets also mention the Green Future Top, a cropped sports-style piece with wording across it. The shade of green is nice but the piece is just not quite for me. Continuing with the tops theme are 3 sweaters, one individual and two pieces in different colours - the Blue Cropped Sweatshirt definitely stands out with its vibrant colour, and there's the Burgundy And White Sweatshirt and the Camel And Black Sweatshirt, which are in colours which are trendy right now and fit right in with popular styles on Stardoll - they fit really nicely too so I think these pieces will both work out well =) There's just one jacket in the store, the Quilted Green Jacket which I liked the look of initially but I think it looks just a little too oversized on my doll, anyone else have this problem? Of course a resize is doable, so this is probably a minor thing given the nice texture, colour and overall design. There are 4 dresses in the release, again two the same in different colours and two additional ones. The Cream and Burgundy Tied Sweatshirt Dresses are pretty cool looking and I really liked the style immediately - they're modern and cool and have a minimal edge to them without coming across as plain. Then there's the Original Rose Sweatshirt Dress which is quite cute and the Original Future Tshirt Dress which is minimal and very casual, and while it's not something I would wear I think it will be popular. Last but not least some trousers - the best piece in the collection I think, the Cotton Culottes in a pretty pink with a cool burgundy stripe down the side. These are just awesome and so stand out - not sure if it's the pink or the culotte style I love more, but they are just perfection =) 
Prices The collection ranges from 8 to 20SD's, and I think everything is very reasonably priced. There are a few pieces in SC as well plus nothing is limited to just SS/Royalty members, so that's always good =)
Styled Outfits Now for my looks! I was surprised at how easy I found it was to come up with these styling, I thought they might have been trickier pieces for me but I was wrong^ First up the Cotton Culottes which I've used both colours of for my outfit going with a burgundy top and and pink bag - I think it was easy to get away from the sporty-casual style that they are and I was glad of that. And my second styling is with the Cream Tied Sweatshirt Dress, which I actually resized a little as I'm still not sure about the oversized-ness of it on my doll^ But it was an easy piece to work with, I liked the style contrast with this leather jacket and from that adding black accessories was a walk in the park. There are definitely more creative ways to style this dress, but for me this sort of styling works really well =)
Features I've got some very cool features lined up for you guys from this release - it seems it was a popular one =D Firstly is LoveShaper wearing the Original Rose Sweatshirt Dress and styling it, although simply, very chicly^ I firstly love the addition of the StarDesign belts, they add some shape to the look and a cool vibe to the dress. The rest of the accessories are fitting, I love the heels and also the somewhat make-shift bag, the belt added to it looks so cool =D
And then we have frankieiz12 wearing the Burgundy Tied Sweatshirt Dress in this stylish yet slightly quirky way - those shoes and socks just come across as super cool, they're an unexpected addition to the burgundy but they sure make the outfit stand out and catch my eye! Love the long sleeves also added to the dress, it really makes a good style =)
And our usual fashionista pandaribbon with 4 looks from this release! I really quite like the first look, with the Quilted Green Jacket paired with these pompom trousers and I think is highlights the versatility of the piece well, and also the last look with the Cream Tied Sweatshirt Dress layered well and with some cool additions like the meshed hem and some cool pastel pink accessories^
And last but not least Vgnails wearing the Blue Cropped Sweatshirt in this very sporty look yet worn chic-ly with the heeled boots and the sunglasses tucked into the waistband. This is a classic style for the Original Future store and it works really well, also love the bags, they fit the style and trend nicely and are spot on for the outfit!

1 comment: