f

Sunday 17 September 2017

T R E S S U P | Release Review

It's been quite some time since our last Tress Up release - this time as the 3rd round of Stardoll's Next Top Hair Artist which I'd sort of forgotten about to be honest. Anyway, new hair sure is exciting, so i think this has potential although I'm not sure the homepage advert really sells it to me all that well sadly.
Hairs So there's a reasonable range of styles brought to the store - although I do feel overall a little underwhelmed by this release, I'm not sure why though, I just feel a little disappointed with it overall. There are 10 pieces in the store, with a variety of lengths and up- or down-dos to choose between, so a pretty decent mix - I think I maybe struggled in finding something immediately that I loved for my doll, los of hesitation from me! My favourite up-do is the baby s High Pony Hair which is such a cute style but my dislike comes from the pink - I wanna wear it just as one colour without ombre, and sadly this puts me off it completely for that price, I think this may be the case for many others too as I haven't seen anyone wear this hair yet - however the style looks good on the doll and I like the pony with some loose strands. Fringes, or bangs as some of you call them are pretty popular in this store, with 4 options for them to choose from, the completely full style on the FlyingNose Pink Hair isn't so much for me, but the more minimal i.e shorter and a little thinner styles look pretty nice in the Colorsilk Low And High Light Hair which has a long over-shoulder style which looks nice and also the 501goksu Straight Bangs Hair which also comes over the shoulder a little but is shorter - I think the second of the two suits my doll more, but I'm excited to see some dolls wearing the first and maybe I will give it a chance later. Keeping on the over-shoulder style, the Portego. Lush Natural Hair and popotje Grey Highlights Hair both fit into this style and are pretty full pieces. I like the light waves they have, I think they both look very currently and seem to suit most dolls. And the final piece I'll discuss, flowing with the waves of the previous styles mentioned, the Alexithymia. Wavy Side Part Hair - which initially I liked in the store but not on my doll, however after seeing it styled (in the features below) and trying it a few more times, it's definitely growing on me. I like that the waves are kept small and tight and the style isn't too overwhelming and full of hair on the doll!
Prices The store ranges in cost from 24 to 29SD's, so everything is pretty evenly priced although I do think these prices are quite high for hairstyles. There aren't any styles in SC's although nothing is limited to SS or Royalty only.
Styled Beauty I've bought two styles so far, but am still thinking about the Alexithymia. Wavy Side Part Hair as the feature below is making it look pretty appealing! I wasn't entirely sure these styles were 'me' but after getting them on in my Beauty Parlour I'm pleased with them =) Firstly the 501goksu Straight Bangs Hair which I love on my doll, I think it really narrows my face and has a sleek stylish touch on my doll^ And then the Portego. Lush Natural Hair which I just got feminine vibes from as soon as I put it on my doll - this one is great for all those single-earrings I have and I found it nice to style an outfit around my hair!
Features There's plenty of use of these new hairs amongst members, but there's definitely a couple of favourites that people have^ First up two wears of the 501goksu Straight Bangs Hair, this first look is FunOpler, going with a silvery grey tone that looks very stylish on the style^ This colour will look good on most people and I think it's a versatile colour for a versatile hair style =)
Same hair, just a little more blonde, this time worn by Miver - this overall look has such a cool casual feel to it. On this doll particularly I think it adds a retro youthful feel to the look =) Again the colour looks good with the style - I'm sure so many colours of this one have been tried out!
And then wearing the Alexithymia. Wavy Side Part Hair, also a blonde style, on zeynepmira9963 - I love this dolls stylings anyway, and this hairstyle is just perfect to fit with that of her clothing! It suits her so much and it's super flattering on her doll. The clothing helps add a glamorous feel to this style^
And lastly looking pretty in pink is rouxrogue wearing the Portego. Lush Natural Hair in this popular 'millenial pink' colour - the colour works for the flowy style and also the outfit in minimal style. The hair frames the face really nicely and I think it really highlights the pretty makeup styling =)

No comments:

Post a Comment