f

Friday 6 October 2017

L E D E C O R | Release Review

When I was away on holiday the other week we got a brand new release of LE Decor! I love a decor release so I was excited to see what this new release brought us. I love the homepage advert, it's minimal and sticks to current and popular trends both on and off Stardoll and the interior looks to give a nice fresh feel to the store =)
Highlights This release was two floors, but not hugely packed floors, they've really stuck to a more minimal theme with the layout - I don't mind this at all, but it is a small collection and I think a third floor could have gone a long way. As I said, the interior brings a fresh feel to the store, I like how it looks and I think it will suit a range of decor styles.
Furniture There are 5 main furniture table/chair items in the store, which I think is fine for the size and offers a range of styles and colours and ideas to work with. My absolute favourite is the Rose Velvet Sofa, which was sadly sold out by the time I saw the release, but it's just beautiful - I love the colour, the design and style of the piece, the vibe it would add to a room ... just dreamy! I'm disappointed that I'm yet to see anyone style this in their suite though! Also in seating are two individual seats, the Silver Chair which looks a little gold and is very much like a dining chair, and then the Metal Velvet Armchair which I do really like and I'm glad I was able to purchase this one^ There are two tables, the Mirror Dining Table to match the dining chairs, and then the Silver Mirror Coffee Table - I find myself leaning towards the second as I'm really only mastering side and coffee tables now, a dining table is a long way off!
Decor So the store is mostly little decor pieces to add to your decor, which I really like as it means you can just buy a couple of little or more affordable pieces and work them into rooms which you've already worked on. There are a few plant and floral pieces, which I think are always good to have, I got the Carnations In Vase, a small coffee table-type flower piece, and the Big Vase Of Gladiolus which are super beautiful and fresh, but there's also the Indoor Maple Tree in a style which has been very popular and released in the LE Decor store previously. There are two lighting pieces, one large and one small, the Note Lamp which is a ceiling piece and then the Book Lamp which is as it's called, a lamp made of books perfect for a side table. Other table pieces include the Gold Makeup Set which is a pretty and minimal piece that would slide in well to already completed suite rooms. There is also quite a number of food-related pieces in this release, the Grapefruit Juice Set, Croissant And Fruits Plate, Breakfast Plate and Wave Coffee Cup - several LE Decor releases ago there were teacups and the likes and they went down pretty well, so I think these will too as a lot of people like working with things like this in their amazingly designed kitchens and dining rooms. There's just one piece of artwork, the Fashion Print, which I really like and I think it fits the store well, I'd have just liked to see one or two more in addition to this in a similar style. And lastly textiles, there are just two cushions, so I feel like I'm missing a rug or carpet with this one, but I really like the White And Silver Cushion, I think it looks really good in the store and has a lot of options to look good with other furniture pieces =)
Prices The store ranges from 25 to 77SD's with the interior priced above at 130SD's. This is pretty much on par with previous releases so that's fine, but being LE all the pieces are SS only so there is that to consider too.
Styled Suite So I didn't buy all that much from the store, just a couple of little additions for my suite that I've current put in a recently repurposed room - I like the feel of the Metal Velvet Armchair in the summery setting of the interior I've chosen and I think the flowers look good in a fresh setting. I haven't added too much, but I love the style of this mirrored table with the chair and the pink fluffy cushion - I think there will be more to be added to this room in the future though!
Features I feel like I've seen somewhat a lack of use of these new decor pieces, is it just me? Or did people actually not enjoy the release all that much?! Anyway, I did find some cool uses of the pieces to feature for you! First up is GirlEwelina who has made a great job of turning the interior into a cosy living room^ The room also includes the Note Lamp, something I didn't see getting much use, but I think it works here, the Fashion Print in a cute orientation with other prints leaning against the Silver Mirror Coffee Table - I really like the use of the flowers and delicate plants arranged on the table, it works well, and I also like the use of the cream sofa contrasting with the navy velvet on the other side =)
Next up from hankipankidoni this room just uses the new LE Decor interior, but I just loved the way everything else was inside the room, the yellow sofa is a perfect tone for the hues of the room, I can see this being a popular combination to use and the plants all just brought the room to life - I love that it looks lived in, and effortlessly so^
And last but not least, tolady, also using the interior (clearly a popular piece!) and just additionally the Italian Greyhound Friends. In contrast to the previous feature this one is much more minimal, but I love the bright blue in the room, it helps to highlight the blue in the sky and adds a cool brightness to the room. The wooden coffee table at the front with the Carnations In Vase and a wooden sculpture are by far my favourite part of the room - the wood fits so well with the flooring =)

1 comment: