f

Monday 25 December 2017

H O T B U Y S R E V I S I T E D | December 2016

So unlike in 2015 we didn't have a Hotbuys Calendar in 2016, just the regular 10 Hotbuys! While these are alright pieces, at the time I do remember being a little disappointed that they weren't hugely related to winter or to the party season. As a whole, not great as a lot that isn't my style but there are some sweet additions - the bags are nice, and I've worn both the Pastel Box Bag and Bao Bao Clutch in the Bag It Up Challenge (#101 and 187 respectively) and enjoyed them. However while I still have the jewellery, the Lilac Tassel Bracelet and the One Of A Kind Earring, they're not pieces I've used at all since getting them. So today I've decided to style up the Chloe Inspired Velvet Platforms and the Denim Pencil Skirt for you guys:
I'm very pleased with these two looks from the selection of Hotbuys! Stuck with the navy's in my first styling which is perfect for these shoes. I like the cropped length of the trousers to allow some ankle highlighting the shoe area of the outfit. There's a lot of navy tones in the look, but I think the shoes definitely do pull through =) I've been meaning to style this skirt for quite some time, so this was a good opportunity to do so. I really wanted to get it in a winter styling with boots, it was a challenge to get boots that came up above the whole skirt slit, these ones just about do, and I love the lightness that the boots paired with the furry jacket add to the skirt. I kept it light with this cream sweater too, I like the chunky knit style with the fitted denim skirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment