f

Monday 9 October 2017

R U N W A Y | Release Review

So it was over a whole week ago now that RUNWAY came out, but this is the first chance to post about it here in the blog! I think this release was a little expected around this time as we're at the end of 'Fashion Month' with so many amazing shows and street styles being shown, so RUNWAY fits right on in - lets check out the store =)
Highlights This release was just one floor, so a little smaller than some previous releases, but I don't mind so much - maybe this means there's another floor coming soon^ There's also a male look included which is a nice touch. Very much an autumnal focus with the pieces and the colours chosen for the store, I think some exciting looks may come from this!
Accessories Very small on the accessories front, 3 pairs of shoes and sunglasses, the FW 2017 Sunglasses and I feel like we're missing a bag, I think a bag would be really good to round out the accessories of the release. I'm pretty happy with the shoes though, the pair I'm unsure of are the Balmain Suede Leggings Boots - love the pointed toe and the patent portion on the foot and also the colour, but a legging boot? I'm just not sure it's for me ... seen a lot of people dress them really well but I don't know if I can manage the same! Then there are the two red pairs, the Givenchy Inspired Patent Heels and the Miu Miu Inspired Silk Heels. Both have pointed toes and I love each of their textures and materials - I was quite happy to buy both! The first have such a delicate strap design around the ankle that I want to spend some time with in looks and the second have a great wrap style and pretty ankle brooches, which are definitely something this season =)
Clothing Yep, this is a small collection, with just 4 female looks that means just 5 items of clothing, so not a whole lot to talk about really. With this release I feel like I like the idea of all the pieces, but some of them don't quite work out - I did make a purchase though, so I'll talk about that first, the Givenchy Inspired Red Knitted Dress, which was the first piece I saw and just loved^ From the high neck to the long sleeves to the faux-wrap style, and the length, it's all just awesome and such a cool piece - it's pairs perfectly with it's matching shoes but will work with many other too. There are two other dresses, the Balmain Inspired Bodycon Dress which is just a little sheer and bodycon for me, so that was one I knew I wouldn't go for, then the Miu Miu Inspired Pink Sequin Dress which I quite like, but for me it's all spring and summer, and I thought about it for too long then it sold out, so now pink sequins for me which is totally my own fault, but I'm still not sure how much I'd wear it! Then we have two coats, the Miu Miu Inspired Clear Coat, all perspex then some super cool pink furry shoulder additions which I am totally not cool enough to wear and then the Galliano Inspired Fringe Coat which I really am on the fence about - I've seen quite a few cool stylings of it, I love the fringing and the design and especially the colour, but it is an expensive piece to not be 100% sure about ... still so undecided!
Prices This release ranges from 38 to 110SD's, with one SS and one Royalty only piece in the release - but I don't think this takes away much from non-SS members looking to make some purchases.
Styled Outfits Since styling, I've made another purchase, but these styles are of all of the red pieces in the release, which does make them look a little limited and similar, but nevermind^ First up the Givenchy Inspired Red Knitted Dress and I kinda just wanted to wear it on it's own with these red booties, but that doesn't make for much of a styling, so I went with a coat and a nice red bag to match - it's simple but works and still shows off great features of the dress. Secondly the Miu Miu Inspired Silk Heels which I wore with a skirt to show off all of their design features and I think this outfit works nicely for them with the pleats in the skirt pairing well with the wrapped silk. And finally the Givenchy Inspired Patent Heels and I wanted a cropped trouser to show  the ankle strap. This is a pretty minimal look but one that's fit for winter I think with these black trousers and polo combined with a red velvet coat^ Love this heart clutch with the look, and I think I'll definitely wear it with these shoes again =D
Features And now for some features - people have been so cool and creative with this release! Firstly Fyusha wearing the Givenchy Inspired Red Knitted DressMiu Miu Inspired Clear Coat and the Givenchy Inspired Patent Heels with not much else added. The black midi skirt transforms the dress nicely and makes it seem like a completely different piece, but I think it works well and I like the big black sunglasses added too. The pink fur totally goes well with the red too!
Secondly Mr.famous.com wearing again a lot of pieces - the Givenchy Inspired Red Knitted Dress, this time with the Balmain Inspired Dog Tooth JacketFW 2017 Sunglasses and the Miu Miu Inspired Silk Heels. Love the loose trousers with the jacket, think that's a great choice, and also love the thick tights under the heels, they really draw your attention to the feet. Also great hair and beauty in this look =)
And thirdly tolady being super cool and wearing the Balmain Suede Leggings Boots ANNND the Galliano Inspired Fringe Coat - they look so beautiful against her dark skin tone that I really think I can't pull this beautiful aubergine tone off nearly as well. I adore the accessories, those sunglasses and the hat were just made for this doll and for this look - so perfect I could die XD I'm only kidding, but it really is perfection^

No comments:

Post a Comment